Key achievements during Gameloft Australia:
- Responsible for IT infrastructure operations and administration at Brisbane studio consisting of 10+ development servers, 40+ power users & associated workstations and 30+ mobile devices across Microsoft, Linux, Android and Apple platforms.
- Worked to meet requirements from both local and global studios; including reporting, project work, IT finance, and identifying improvement opportunities.
- Worked closely with the development team in establishing and maintaining development environment in response to changing requirements; Key maintainer of build environment including Jenkins (CI), build servers, development toolchain and testing infrastructure.
- Assisted in administration of global Microsoft Active Directory & Exchange environment.
- Spearheaded project to evaluate ISPs, plan and execute change reducing operational expenditure whilst achieving a significant performance improvement (3x) with no reduction in reliability.
- Wrote scripts to automate and monitor IT environment for use by myself and other users increasing efficiency and stability.
Key achievements during Ambient-IT (AIT):
- Provided administration & support services to hundreds of SMEs in the SE QLD region. Popular technologies supported were Windows, Exchange, Linux (mail servers), OS X environments. The support included remote and on-site support. My role was to deliver service end-to-end including billing, sales and documentation. Technologies used to facilitate client management were Kaseya & Connectwise.
- Provided administration & support to hundreds of web hosting customers on the AIT infrastructure (Plesk & cPanel). This included close work with billing, web site migration, CMS upgrades and malware removal. During my time at AIT I was the principal designer and administration of 3 new web servers.
- Administered and supported AITs cloud hosting infrastructure including terminal services, mail hosting (Exchange and linux mail), Bitdefender A/V, spam filtering and VMWare vSphere.
- Monitored, configured and responded to alerts for managed clients including RAID alerts, backups (primarily Veeam & StorageCraft) and resource usage.
Key achievements during SEGA:
- Shared responsibility in a small team of two people for IT infrastructure operations at studio including two racks of server equipment & front line support for 90 users across Windows, Apple and Linux platforms.
- Assisted in a major DRS & Business Continuity revamp project involving major changes to power infrastructure & backup systems.
- Implemented revamped wireless Infrastructure with Cisco products & implemented AirWatch Mobile Device Management Solution in response to changing studio priorities.
- Performed NetApp storage analysis & audit projects; archiving stale data, highlighted current risks and scoped upgrade paths.
- Assisted in implementing new AD domain on new vSphere cluster and decommission the vestigial setup.
- Wrote/maintained/executed complex scripts to implement additional functionality into Atlassian Confluence to fulfill HR/performance management requirements.
Key achievements during Vision6:
- Supported popular SaaS product used by thousands of businesses via phone & internet. Established a proven track record of providing a high level of customer service and resolving difficult technical issues.
- Improved customer satisfaction by identifying repeat customer issues and ensuring resources were available & accessible in client knowledge base.
- Improved product & reduced volume of incoming inquiries by reporting bugs to the development team and suggesting workflow/UI enhancements.
Key achievements outside of Work/Informal:
- Found a bug in FreeBSD head revision regarding high performance ‘Mellanox’ VPI equipment. Reported to Mellanox & FreeBSD team and tested the fix. See “tested by” field in this commit.
- Setup high performance home SAN/NAS using combination of customer ESOS build, off the shelf enterprise hardware and refurbished high performance fabric equipment.
- Maintained valhallamuaythai.com from 2008 to 2012. Updated prices, information, event information, added elements and SEO/Site reach improvements.